Information for Writers
We love to hear from writers of all levels of experience, and we love to receive your scripts – however, we’re a small company and don’t have the resources to deal with new scripts all the time, so here’s how it works:
We have open season on unsolicited scripts twice a year. From 1 – 14 April and 1 – 14 November you can send us your scripts and we will read them. If you send us a script outwith these periods, we will hang on to it until our next play-reading season.
We aim to read your script within 6 weeks, after which you’ll get some feedback. If we really like it and it looks like it would fit well with our upcoming projects, we’ll talk to you about scheduling a reading.
Please format your script clearly – page numbers and double spacing are appreciated. Electronic copies only, since we’re short on desk space. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Script Submission” in the subject line.
Tightlaced currently has three Resident Writers; Fiona McDonald, Rob David and Robert Howat. They are all at different stages in their residencies. Here’s what we offer our Resident Writers:
- Guaranteed slots in our Rehearsed Readings programmes.
- Full production or Work in Progress production of an existing script of theirs.
- Opportunity to develop a play from scratch within Tightlaced.
- COMING SOON: Opportunity to adapt/dramaturg classic texts as part of the forthcoming Tightlaced Classics project.
- As much support and discussion as required, whether it concerns their work with Tightlaced or their overall development as writers.
Resident Writers are selected from playwrights whose work we have featured in Rehearsed Readings. Residency is of no fixed duration but comes to an end when the opportunities listed above have been fully explored.